What is the Gravio Coordinator?
Gravio is a distributed Edge Computing system. It can be installed on any computer running macOS, Windows or Linux. Or it can be running on our own hardware, the so-called Gravio Hub.
Because Gravio is a distributed system consisting of multiple nodes, it needs software to coordinate those nodes. We call this software “Gravio Coordinator”. It comes built-in on the Gravio Hub, but it can also be installed on any other computer on a private or public cloud system. The key is, that you, as a Gravio customer, have full control over your infrastructure and do not have to rely on third-party hosting or infrastructure.
The Gravio Coordinator is a web-based software that allows you to oversee and manage your Gravio Hubs (including HubKits) from a central place. Gravio Coordinator is built to:
- Manage access: creating and deleting users, managing access and privileges
- Oversee the status of each Gravio Hub node: system health, statistics, problem-solving
- Deploy and manage the remote software: update hubs, certificates, security credentials
- Investigate data collected: The Gravio Coordinator also keeps a record of the distributed ledger data for audit purpose (depending on the license level you chose)
Gravio Coordinator can be installed on any cloud server (private or public cloud) or local machine using Docker.
- We keep the database of the users outside Docker for the data to be persistent.
- The HubKit instance in the docker container is optional and used to synchronise Distributed Ledger (Blockchain) audit data in case one of the hubs is not connected
- The Gravio Coordinator has a web interface that can be accessed with any standard browser