On this page, we will go through the process of setting up your Gravio Hub. We made it extremely simple to configure your new hub.
The following two steps are needed to get started:
- Configure the Gravio Hub to connect to your WiFi network
- Set your password
The Gravio Hub runs on a Linux based OS (Ubuntu). Resetting the password will ensure that your Gravio Hub is secured at Linux security grade if you choose a secure password.
There are two ways you can set yup your Gravio Hub:
- You can use the iOS or the Android App to configure the Gravio Hub using Bluetooth
- You can connect the USB-C adapter to the Gravio Hub, which allows you to connect a USB Keyboard, Mouse and an HDMI Screen. With this setup you can use the graphical user interface to configure your Gravio Hub.
The Gravio Hub comes with the following accessories:
The Gravio Hub
The USB-C adapter
The Gravio USB-C cable
The power supply
The Setup Process
There are two ways you can set up your Gravio Hub:
Setting up using the Mobile App
Launch the iOS App and you will see the following screen. Tap on the icon on the top right to start the setup process. Please ensure the application has access to bluetooth and location to set the timezone.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup. It should not take longer than 5 minutes.
On Android, the setup process starts right away.
You will go through the following steps to set up your Gravio Hub:
- Connect to your Gravio Hub using Bluetooth
- Connect your Gravio Hub to the WiFi
- Set up your own password (the default is
gravio) Note: This is going to be the same password to log into the Hub using SSH. Please ensure it’s a secure password.
- Find out what the Gravio Hub’s IP address is
Setting up using a mouse, keyboard and HDMI enabled screen
Connect the Hub according to the below image:
- Start the Gravio Hub
- You will first see a password prompt
- Click on the top right wifi icon to connect to the WiFi
Your Gravio Hub is now up and running, and you can connect to it using Gravio Studio, which you can download from the Apple, iOS or Windows App Store.