The Network Setup Process
The first time you plug the Gravio Hub into a power source, it will create a wireless network. Use any device with a browser to connect to that Wifi Network:
Log in using the password
Now open your browser and enter the URL address
http://192.168.100.1:8080 to access the login page:
You can log in with username
gravio and password
gravio to see the initial setup page:
- Set the password to something you can remember.
- Set the correct time zone. Optionally you can also set an NTP Server. Note that you will have to connect your Gravio Hub to the internet (see below) before it can connect to any NTP server.
- Set the correct Date and Time
- Set a hostname of your choice, using numbers and characters but no special characters or spaces. You will later be able to access your Gravio Hub via
http://hostname.local:8080inside your network later
You need to decide if you wish to connect to the Gravio Hub via Wifi or LAN. We recommend LAN for better reliability. If you want to shift large volumes of data, for example, to process video camera footage, LAN connectivity is a prerequisite.
Connecting to Wifi
- Set the Wifi you want your Gravio Hub to connect to and set the correct password. Ensure that these settings are correct as you may lock yourself out of the Gravio Hub, in which case you will have to reset the Wifi settings by long-pressing the reset button next to the USB Type-C plug while plugged in. The Gravio logo light will turn blue to signal that Gravio Hub’s Wifi settings (and Wifi settings only) have been reset to Access Point mode and you can re-connect.
Connecting to LAN
- Enable the LAN switch and confirm with the “Apply” button. Note, that if you have both interfaces enabled, please use the LAN setting as this will be take precedence.
DHCP and SSH
- Set the DHCP server or alternatively set a static IP. We recommend that you give your Gravio Hub a fixed IP within the network, either via setting a fixed IP or via DHCP tables on your DHCP server. Generally setting the fixed IP in the DHCP server is favoured, but you always have the option to set an IP in Gravio itself, too.
- Enable SSH if you like to access your Gravio Hub via SSH
Please note that once you connect your Gravio Hub to a new network, you will connect to the same network and access your hub via
Your Gravio Hub is now up and running, and you can connect to it using Gravio Studio, which you can download from the Apple, iOS or Windows App Store.