- Install Gravio Studio from the Microsoft store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9N0D93KPVW3C
- Launch Gravio Studio
- If you don’t have an account already, create an account here by filling out this form and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- If you already have an account, please log in.
- If you signed up for a new account, please verify your e-mail address by using the verification code from the e-mail.
- Enter the verification code in the login the first time you log in.
- You will find yourself in the empty dashboard:
- The dashboard is empty, because you don’t have a server set up yet or a server in the network hasn’t been found yet. We are now going to download and install the Gravio HubKit Server.
- If your servers are in different Network segments, Gravio may not be able to pick them up automatically. In this case you can use the “+” mark to add any new servers manually using the IP addresses.
- If you already have a Gravio HubKit running on another machine and in the same network, the dashboard will contain Gravio HubKit Servers looking like this:
- If you do not have any servers yet, click on the “Download Gravio HubKit Server” button to install the Gravio HubKit Server your machine (or on a machine in the same network).
- The browser is opened and shows the following page. Download the application and press the “Run” button.
- Start the Windows installer
- Complete the installation and restart Gravio Studio. You should now see the local server on the dashboard:
- Congratulations, you have just successfully installed Gravio (Studio and HubKit) on your Windows Machine.
To use Gravio on Mac, you can install Gravio HubKit on your Mac. And you can install Gravio Studio for Mac for managing your Gravio HubKit.
Run Gravio HubKit for Mac
- First, You can download Gravio HubKit for Mac app from this link page.
- Next, You can copy this app to Application Folder in your Mac.
- run Gravio HubKit App to click managing Gravio Server.
- Next, You can look the Gravio icon in Desktop menu area as the following. And click “Start Service”
- Now, Successfully to run Gravio Server.
Install and run Gravio Studio for Mac
- Next, Install Gravio Studio from the Mac App Store.
- Click the icon to start Gravio Studio.
- After start the app, You can look the signup page. If you already have the account, You can click to “Login” button. If you do not have it yet, Please signup.
- Then you can see the Gravio HubKit in this top view.
Linux / Raspbian
- Download the latest .deb package from https://download.gravio.com/release/linux/gravio_all.deb to your computer.
- Download the latest “Raspbian” from https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ and burn the image to your SD card.
- Connect to your Raspberry Pi using SSH.
- Transfer your .deb package to the Raspberry Pi.
- perform an upgrade of your system:
sudo apt-get upgrade
- Install Gravio using the
sudo apt install ./<gravio package>.deb
- run the services:
sudo systemctl enable gravioedge.service
sudo systemctl enable gravioaction.service
sudo systemctl enable graviocontrol.service
- reboot your Raspberry so the services are started.
You can easily uninstall Gravio by using the command:
sudo apt purge gravio
For a full uninstall, also remove the
gravio folders in
To update your Gravio Hub, download HubKit for Gravio HubKit for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ from the Gravio website.
- Connect to your Gravio Hub using SSH.
- Transfer the downloaded
.debpackage to Ubuntu.
- Execute the following Command from the Console:
sudo apt update ./<gravio package>.deb
- Note: Do not perform apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade.
- Restart Ubuntu so the service starts.
Confirming that Gravio is running correctly
You will see if the server is running correctly by opening
If it works, it returns