Gravio also supports software sensors. An example for a software sensor could be a camera that detects how many people are in a room and triggers certain Actions if certain thresholds are reached. These sensors are created using software and artificial intelligence (with inference files).
Creating a Software Sensor
- Under “Devices” add a new Area and Layer choosing Built-In camera, referring to an USB camera or a camera that’s built-in your Gravio Server’s machine.
- Click on the camera icon at the top on the far right and add your camera device
- Click on the plus symbol and add the camera to the devices
- Double click on the newly added camera device and set the properties
You can choose:
- Camera Type Video or Pictures. Picture format is jpeg. Video format is avi on Windows and mp4 on other platform.
- The interval in seconds how often a picture should be taken
- The inference file which you want to use, for example “NumberOfPeople”
- You can either save the image or discard it just after processing. If you choose to save the images, theu will be saved under the Gravio program folder, which is in
/var/opt/gravio/mediadata/under Linux, under
C:\ProgramData\Gravio\mediadataunder windows and
/Library/Application Support/Gravio/mediadataunder Mac OS X.
Depending on your account, you have either access to one or more Inference files.