You can create triggers that are based on times on time-related parameters such as intervals, weekdays, day-of-month, etc.
To create a time-based trigger, open the +-icon with the clock on the trigger tab:
You will see the following dialogue box:
Give your trigger a meaningful name.
If you are an enterprise customer, you can choose a calendar which you would like to use. You can create calendars in your Gravio Coordinator dashboard.
Select within which timeframe the trigger should be active.
Tick the “Skip” tickbox if you want the trigger to skip if the trigger action is still running from a previous trigger.
You will see two Tabs: Schedule and Action
In the dropdown menu of Schedule, you have the following options:
- None: If you there is no schedule
- Interval: if you want the trigger to fire in a certain interval (for example every 10 minutes)
- Hourly: If you want the trigger to fire every hour on a specific minutes/seconds setting
- Daily: If you want the trigger to fire on specific weekdays at specific times
- Monthly: If you want the trigger to fire on specific days of a month at specific times
- Custom: Use a syntax that is similar to crontab to fire a trigger at specific times
The positions are:
|Unit||Required||Acceptable Values||Available special characters (see cron syntax)|
|Month||required||1-12 or JAN-DEC||
|Day of the week||required||0-6 or SUN-SAT||
Example: Once a year February 4th 14:23:51 “51 23 14 4 2 *”
In the Action Tab you can pick which Action the trigger should fire. Please make sure you have built at least one action before you create a trigger, so you can choose your action in the dropdown menu:
You can also set up to 5 trigger properties as arguments when executing the action:
Trigger Properties can be set to the following three predefined properties and any property name:
tp.KeyAreaName: Sets the selected area name.
tp.KeyLayerName: Sets the first key layer name specified in the condition.
tp.TriggerName: Sets the name of the trigger to be executed.
By specifying an arbitrary property name and value other than the above three, that value can also be referenced without action.
Don’t forget to enable the new trigger by toggling the switch to green.
Need more help with this?
Join our slack community for help