We also rent out EnOcean energy harvesting sensors, that are getting powered by the energy surrounding them, such as solar panels, or by kinetic energy, e.g. when buttons are pushed.
We have two types of sensors:
- The temperature sensors, identifiable by the small slot on the side:
- The door/window open/close sensor that comes with a magnetic counterpart:
Note that due to frequency regulations, these sensors come in localised variants.
When using these Gravio sensors, please choose the layer type
Gravio-Temperature. If you are using the devices in Japan, please use the same layer types but suffixed with
- Once you have added the layers, click on the Serial Interface Settings button to open the dialogue and connect and pair the EnOcean USB Dongle with the sensors:
- If your EnOcean Dongle is connected correctly, you will see it in the following list:
- Once you have confirmed the receiver is correctly connected, close the window and add the sensors to the layer:
- At this stage press the learn button on the sensor:
- This will show the sensor ID in the list of sensors:
- Select the sensor you want to connect to this layer and press “Set”:
This concludes the pairing process and you can close the window.
- Don’t forget to enable the newly connected sensor(s):
To check if the sensor data is received correctly, you can switch to the “Data Viewer” tab, select “Live View” at the top right and trigger the sensors.
Need more help with this?
Join our slack community for help